This page is intended for selecting main conversion
- Source file - full name of source compiled HTML Help
- Target directory - full path to an empty folder that
will contain all the files of your newly created online help
system. If the folder does not exist chm2web will create it.
- Index file name - specify the name of the index file of
your online help system. To set this parameter to default value
(i.e. index.htm) press the 'Default' button.
- Folder name for help sources - the name of the
sub-folder where generated files of your browser-based online help
system will be placed.
- Enable advanced HTML cleaner - set this option to fix
HTML markup errors and delete all unwanted tags. This option may
damage the original formatting.
- Keywords - if would like to add your custom 'keywords'
meta-tag to each page of your on-line help system specify the
keywords in this field. Keywords should be separated using clause.
Leave this field empty if you do not want to add custom 'keywords'
meta-tag to your online help system pages.
- "When the user opens a page using a direct link" - Here
you can select what should happen when certain page of your web
online help system is opened directly (only for frames
- Redirect to the frameset - users will be redirected to
frameset and will see the header and the table of contents. We
don't recommend you choose this option if you want your help system
to be indexed properly by the search engines.
- Show the frameset link - users will see the link that
will take him to the frameset. Recommended option.
- Just open the page - users will just see the page he or
she opens (without the contents, the navigation menu, etc.). It is
recommended to use this option only if problems occur while using
- Do not wrap - remove this option to make sure the
contents frame does not include horisontal scrollbar
- Use small fonts - check this box to use small font in
help contents and help index windows.
- Split contents - set this option if you want to split
documentation table of contents into several pages (speeds up
loading). Specify the desired number of lines per page in the text
field nearby. This option has effect if 'Mobile version' is
- SE Optimization - set this option if you want the help
system to be better indexed by search engines, this option
considerably increases the size of helpcontents.html and some other
- Do not convert the links to lower case - set this option
if you do not want chm2web to convert all file names and internal
links to lower case. This option is off by default.
- Do not add link to www.aklabs.com - available only in
registered version of chm2web.